Author Topic: It's here Model 19 ARC Billet Rod  (Read 4097 times)

Offline TomC

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
It's here Model 19 ARC Billet Rod
« on: October 30, 2005, 09:27:56 pm »
Post by Tom on Oct 17, 2005, 1:23pm

Part number 6278 5.0" center to center, .490" wrist pin

There are some extra things that need to be considered when using this rod.

*Uses stock crank with a journal of 1.124"
*WILL NOT WORK with syncro balancer assembly which means you will either have to weld up extra material on the crankshaft's counter weights, or use ARC's brass add on counter weights which will be available later this week.
*If you have one of the model 19 cranks that goes in one of the non-syncro motors, you will need to have that crank balanced (most likley lightened).
*The rod has been clearanced for J&E pistons that fit this block from 3.007" to 3.250".

Re: It's here Model 19 ARC Billet Rod
Post by Tom on Oct 18, 2005, 12:16pm

Re: It's here Model 19 ARC Billet Rod
Post by HotRodLawnTractor on Oct 19, 2005, 12:57am

Do you guys have rods that will work with the opposed twin flatheads? I'm not sure if there are differences, but I would be looking for a rod for the 18Hp model. Thanks.

Offline arcbilletrod

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 08:38:42 am »
Some folks are ordering these rods and missing these two important bits of information which I posted earlier:

*WILL NOT WORK with the syncro balancer assembly which means you will either have to weld up extra material on the crankshaft's counter weights, or use ARC's brass add on counter weights(part#6560).

*If you have one of the model 19 cranks that goes in one of the non-syncro motors (meaning your engine never had the big syncro weights), you will need to have that crank balanced (most likley lightened).
his is TC incognito

anything