Author Topic: chain choices?  (Read 5981 times)

Offline mowmaster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: chain choices?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 09:32:32 am »
I agree with allen, also remember that your weakest link is your strongest.
Also keep in mind that unless you have one custom built(#35), Sprockets for a #40 &#41 chain
is more available, because that is what's used on dirtbikes, atv's, and some go karts.
Andrew
Certified MIG, TIG, ARC, and HeliArc.

Offline michael a. formentini

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 10:57:38 am »
I also use the #40, with no master link. I was using #41, but some times your rear tires will leave the ground. This happened to me. When it does it puts a lot of tension on the chain and it snapped. So I stepped up to #40 and so far so good. Now I hope that I don't tear up a transmission. As far as sprocket sises 12 tooth transmission and 46 tooth axle is just about the best combo to use. You can run a wide verity of tracks from long to short and even do some drag racing (On Dirt). Witch is a whole lot of fun. Oh and George, we might be doing some drag racing in milledgeville. So I hope that You, Larry, and Jeannie can make it out some time.

Offline dang107

• Turf Warrior
  • M&M RACING
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 02:55:36 pm »
 thanks for all the info again I feel more informed than I expected every time I ask a question. as far as the conversion #219 is much smaller so the teeth counts on from sprocket to sprocket is different for #35 because of the diameter difference thats why i questioned the diff between #40 and #35. I was really hoping someone new of brand of #35 that stood out from the rest as a stronger chain considering I've found a ratio that works for my mower at my track and changing to #40 looks like it's going to cost me quite a bit but again thanks for taking my question seriously and treating a rookie mower builder with the same respect as a pro props to all .by the way I 've been using a chain breaker from the get go down with master links there a problem waitng to happen.

Offline 300xdeere

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:22 pm »
Make sure check every time you take your mower out that the clip is good and on the master link and when you take it off make sure you don't bend it or any thing because that clip comes of and the link falls out bye bye race. So most guys prefer to do without the master link and save them selves the dnf.