Author Topic: Montana HS Club  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Stoney_06

• View Profile
Montana HS Club
« on: November 28, 2022, 10:55:16 pm »
Hello from Superior,  Montana. I'm a long time wrench, general hobbiest, and growing machinist. Recently our local High School (about 100 kids) wanted to start a mechanic program. I got licensed to teach and wham bang here we are. I not only started a class but an after school club focused on lawn mower drag racing as well as American hot rod history. The race club kids are called the Grass Finks as an ode to classic hot rodding. We are pretty new and small so there is a lot of adjusting going on. I'm building a mower along with the kids. Currently the kids are still trying to figure out what part of building a rig interests them like engine power, body fab, tuning, etc. I, on the other hand, know where I'm headed just have limited experience with aspects of it. Jack of all trades matter of none situation.

My rig is a 73 Montgomery Ward best I can tell. I have swapped the engine out for a 42 Oppy vertical splasher. Currently the mower is the original transaxle but that will change. I plan to use this machine too increase my engine mod & machining, body work, and fabrication skills while showing the kids how to build creative and learn to problem solve. Anyways, glad to be a part of the forums. I'll have plenty questions and weird ideas but if I'm asking I promise I tried to scour the search bar for weeks prior.
Small Engine Instructor
Avid Scrap Rat
The Grassfink

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
Re: Montana HS Club
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 03:44:24 pm »
Bring on the questions! Lots of knowledge around here!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

anything