Author Topic: 5/8 spindle length  (Read 7065 times)

Offline HutchMachine

• View Profile
5/8 spindle length
« on: August 21, 2021, 04:44:12 pm »
I can?t afford to buy wheels and hubs right now. I do have my from axle build 70 percent done. I need to make the kingpin spindle. I want a universal design that could potentially work with any wheel or hub combo. I would like to go with smaller wheels and tireS than most. This is a drag mower, not a racing mower governed by any rules. I need to know how long multiple spindles and the threads on them are so I can average them and turn threads on my 5/8 4140. Also, axle nut threads that are common. I asked e.c. If they would tell me what their 6 inch wheels and hubs measurements were, so I could buy from them when I can afford to, but they said I could just buy wheels hub and 219 dollar front steer kit.

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 5/8 spindle length
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 09:07:19 pm »
Do yourself a favor and wait until you have the wheels and hubs you want to run. 

It will save you time and money in the long run. 

If you are set on build them now just build them to the wheels you are going to run but be prepared to rebuild them when you switch wheels. 

If you are planning on using stock wheels.    Don?t.   They will break and you will get hurt.   The front end is no place at go cheap on any build. 

Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline HutchMachine

• View Profile
Re: 5/8 spindle length
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 04:04:04 pm »
Thanks for the response. I don?t plan to use stock wheels. I just don?t have money to buy wheels, but I had all the metal to build the front axle. Last thing to do is turn spindles, then I will have to stop working on it, due to school and money constraints.