Engine Help > Briggs Flathead

are there any resources to find briggs and stratton parts dimensions online?

(1/2) > >>

conntech14:
hello i was wondering if anyone knew a place i could find the dimensions of  Briggs and Stratton parts for the opposed twin series of engines. i have heard you people on this forum are experts on these engines.

thanks,

conntech 14

BIG AL 202:
What kind of dimensions are you looking for? The service manuals have most everything you will need.

conntech14:
bore size, depth,  outside dimensions of the heads, i was considering to custom machine a new head.

BIG AL 202:
All the bores are the same, almost. There are a few 46ci blocks that are larger bore but they are rare. The strokes are different, there are 3 different ones, 40ci, 42ci, and 46ci. The piston pin height is all the same, the difference is made up in rod length. The 40ci has a closed chambered head (small cc) the 42ci is a little bigger and the 46ci is the biggest.

PJG56:

--- Quote from: conntech14 on March 13, 2021, 11:25:21 am ---bore size, depth,  outside dimensions of the heads, i was considering to custom machine a new head.

--- End quote ---
I'd say if you have the skills to machine a new set of heads,you probably should have the skills to do some measuring on the engine their going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version