Author Topic: intek 44ci sump question.  (Read 9143 times)

Offline ole4

• View Profile
intek 44ci sump question.
« on: April 04, 2020, 10:44:23 am »
I have a intek Vtwin built in 06 that I rebuilt a while ago due to bore wear from dirt ingestion. Motor has been running great since but after about 50 hours the oil pressure hot drops to around 15lbs and It was not that low after the rebuild. I thought that maybe the oil pump was damaged from the dirt and took it apart and it was a bit scored. I replaced it and the base plate but no change to oil pressure. You cant really see much of the oil bypass but I used a scribe to press against the spring and it seems to function. Anyway I am getting a new flywheel du bush and wanted to replace the plain bearing sump as well. I want to get all the parts before pulling it apart. I see that there is a newer style sump that appears to have a thicker georotor oil pump (the gears appear thicker) and that would by itself increase the volume. I was wondering if you can replace the old style sump with this newer style? Does anybody know if they can interchange?  The old sump has a round stamped steel plate where the new sump has a rounded triangle plate on it. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: intek 44ci sump question.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 06:51:38 pm »
What is your model and serial numbers?
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Offline ole4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 01:09:19 am »
445577 0110 e1 date code year 2006 bought the mower in 07. 

Offline PJG56

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 02:38:07 pm »
I have a intek Vtwin built in 06 that I rebuilt a while ago due to bore wear from dirt ingestion. Motor has been running great since but after about 50 hours the oil pressure hot drops to around 15lbs and It was not that low after the rebuild. I thought that maybe the oil pump was damaged from the dirt and took it apart and it was a bit scored. I replaced it and the base plate but no change to oil pressure. You cant really see much of the oil bypass but I used a scribe to press against the spring and it seems to function. Anyway I am getting a new flywheel du bush and wanted to replace the plain bearing sump as well. I want to get all the parts before pulling it apart. I see that there is a newer style sump that appears to have a thicker georotor oil pump (the gears appear thicker) and that would by itself increase the volume. I was wondering if you can replace the old style sump with this newer style? Does anybody know if they can interchange?  The old sump has a round stamped steel plate where the new sump has a rounded triangle plate on it. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

No,you cant just replace the pump ,the sump is different to accept the high volume pump
Paul Guptill  (oppy) #238modX
2012 slmra mowstock champion(builder/owner)

2013 slmra mowdified champion(builder/owner)
2013 ARMA national champion Mod-X(builder/owner)
2014 ARMA national champion Mod-X(builder/owner)
2014 All American Champion Mod-X/CP(builder/owner)
2014All American Champion FXT (engine builder)
2014 All American 2nd place SP(builder/owner)
2015 All American 2nd place BP (builder/owner)
2016 OutlawTriple Crown FXT Champion (engine builder)

Offline ole4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 06:40:19 pm »
I want to replace the old style sump with the new style. I found one on eBay I just bought. Has the new style sump/oil pump cover. The date code of that engine was a 13 so it’s a 2013 but it is the new style. I’m hoping it fits.

Offline ole4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 07:20:12 pm »
I do not want to just replace the oil pump I want to replace the old style sump with new style. I have purchased a newer style sump which has the triangular oil pump cover. It is a 2013 date code which is before the parts catalog showing a 2015 date code for the change but looking at pictures of the sump it is the newer style.

Offline PJG56

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 01:20:24 pm »
I want to replace the old style sump with the new style. I found one on eBay I just bought. Has the new style sump/oil pump cover. The date code of that engine was a 13 so it’s a 2013 but it is the new style. I’m hoping it fits.
Yes it will fit,you will need the pump drive shaft as it is different on the high volume pump than the standard one,hopefully your ebay sump comes with it!
Paul Guptill  (oppy) #238modX
2012 slmra mowstock champion(builder/owner)

2013 slmra mowdified champion(builder/owner)
2013 ARMA national champion Mod-X(builder/owner)
2014 ARMA national champion Mod-X(builder/owner)
2014 All American Champion Mod-X/CP(builder/owner)
2014All American Champion FXT (engine builder)
2014 All American 2nd place SP(builder/owner)
2015 All American 2nd place BP (builder/owner)
2016 OutlawTriple Crown FXT Champion (engine builder)

Offline ole4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:28 pm »
It does but it may not be the high volume pump.  I saw a new 44 motor on ebay and it has the oil pump cover like the sump I bought but I can see that the pump extends below the flat fave of the sump by almost 1/4 inch. The mounting feet seem longer. So I may have bought a newer style sump with the aluminum triangular shaped oil pump cover but it may be standard oil pump.  I’ll post here some pics when I get it. Should be here Thursday. 

Offline ole4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 09:35:33 pm »
Got the eBay sump today and it does have the larger oil pump. Georotor gears are twice the diameter of the original.  Wonder why the running change? 

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 05:35:02 pm »
Got the eBay sump today and it does have the larger oil pump. Georotor gears are twice the diameter of the original.  Wonder why the running change?

So the engines last longer.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"