General > Coffee Shop

what mods can i do to my B&S 6.5hp engine?

(1/7) > >>

loggers gogert:
hi, my name is logan, i have a offroad mower, which i have many question for but will ask those later

i am building a homade go kart, and am using a B&S 6.5 hp engine, and i will use an 5 speed riding mower rear transmission

i would love to boost the power of this engine, does any body know of a racing crab i can get for this engine?
and i would also maybe like to remove the governor, if so, how do i do that? and if i do, are there any internal modification i should make to make it safer?
and last question about it, does anybody know of any performance kits for this? like maybe a kit that comes with aftermarket air filter, or exaughst and maybe pistons or camshaft?

thanks so much and i can't wait to hear your replies!

-logan

loggers gogert:
is this website even active anymore????

BIG AL 202:
YES! slow but yes. The 6.5 isn't really used in the lawnmower race world. If you are on facebook there are some minibike and go kart places that can help. For parts you can try EC carb, or ARC. Both can be found in the links section. These are good people with a lot of knowledge!

TomL:
PA MIniPro mowers use the 196cc clone

loggers gogert:
oh.........i think i forgot to say that my lawnmower already has an engine in it

but this 6.5 hp isn't going to be used for a mower, it will be used for a GOKART, i don't know if i stated that in my first post, sorry for the confusion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version