Author Topic: What size of motor should I shop for when looking for a racing-mower candidate?  (Read 8761 times)

Offline Sinnedspeedshop

• View Profile
New to forum, new to wanting to mower race.  I'm perusing through Craigslist and there are many affordable mower candidates, but I don't know where to start.  For starters, I want to participate in the local fairground's mower race this year and need to start building a racing mower.  Fabrication is not a problem, I just need a base to start with.  What is the most common size mower motor for Joe-adult wanting to get into the sport?  I have no aspirations of making it to the NASCAR of mower racing, me and the boys just want to have some fun and some beers.  Thx.

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
New to forum, new to wanting to mower race.  I'm perusing through Craigslist and there are many affordable mower candidates, but I don't know where to start.  For starters, I want to participate in the local fairground's mower race this year and need to start building a racing mower.  Fabrication is not a problem, I just need a base to start with.  What is the most common size mower motor for Joe-adult wanting to get into the sport?  I have no aspirations of making it to the NASCAR of mower racing, me and the boys just want to have some fun and some beers.  Thx.

What does the engine rule state you can run?
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"