Author Topic: B&S 10hp rpm  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Tanis

• View Profile
B&S 10hp rpm
« on: December 26, 2005, 10:42:03 pm »
does anyone know what the stock rpm range is on a B&S 10 horse flathead? the only thing it doesnt have is govenor.

Offline arcbilletrod

• View Profile
B&S 10hp rpm
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 12:57:47 pm »
Stock is generally 3600 RPM give or take a hundred.  Not real sure for your specific engine, but that is the norm.
his is TC incognito

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
B&S 10hp rpm
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:13:51 am »
You're rpms will depend on how you build the moter,However the 10 and 11 horse moters(25 cid) use the same piston and rod as the 12 and 12.5 hp (28 cid) but have a differant (shorter) stroke and shorter deck height, I noticed the 11hp moters reving up higher than than the 12s, and the couple of guys running them have been doing so sucsesfuly stock against mildy modified 12s. (at least at are 1/8th mile oval antway)One particular fellow has used a stock 11 as his back up,and seemed to think it was quiker.Ive always been told these moters are the same,So we always blew him off thinking he was pulling are leg about what moter he'd run.But know that I checked it out myself  I can tell you theres almost a 1/4 inch diff in stroke and deck.  Now that I know what if seen and found out, I think when I can, Ill build me an idintical 11hp as my 12hp and try it out. If anyone has tried this or has any input on this,Im starving for input.P/S This means you goerge.  tb

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
B&S 10hp rpm
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:59:38 am »
I don't know why everyone signals me out!!!! Try a 12hp motor using an 11hp crank. Have ARC make you a billet rod (longer) using the avs piston used with thier rod. Also use the brass balancrs they make to balance the crank. I think you will like the end result.
i can't give all my secrets up.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
B&S 10hp rpm
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 10:24:02 am »
Just cuz youre the GOO-ROO. Thanx goerge.  tb