Author Topic: Tranny/Belt Help?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline doubletrouble

• View Profile
Tranny/Belt Help?
« on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
Hey guys, I'm really new at racing mowers and have a few driveline questions, so please bear with me!

First, I am going to pick up what my friend says is a Rally Roper that was used in sort of a home-fried mower drag association. It has been beefed up in the frame, has wheelie bars, and used to run a liquid-cooled Honda Racing motor. They tell me it has the stock rearend, does anyone know what tranny came in the 'Ropers?

Secondly, how do you guys keep the belts from slipping on the transaxle mowers?

Thirdly and finally, could someone please explain to me how a Peerless 700 series tranny operates that makes it better to race with? I haven't seen one under a mower to know how they are ran, and when I research them I see sprockets on the axles, yet it has a pulley-driven input shaft.

Your experience, knowledge, and patience with a newbie is appreciated guys!

Offline Big Mike

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Tranny/Belt Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »
Hey guys, I'm really new at racing mowers and have a few driveline questions, so please bear with me!

First, I am going to pick up what my friend says is a Rally Roper that was used in sort of a home-fried mower drag association. It has been beefed up in the frame, has wheelie bars, and used to run a liquid-cooled Honda Racing motor. They tell me it has the stock rearend, does anyone know what tranny came in the 'Ropers?

Secondly, how do you guys keep the belts from slipping on the transaxle mowers?

Thirdly and finally, could someone please explain to me how a Peerless 700 series tranny operates that makes it better to race with? I haven't seen one under a mower to know how they are ran, and when I research them I see sprockets on the axles, yet it has a pulley-driven input shaft.

Your experience, knowledge, and patience with a newbie is appreciated guys!

go look at your mower it will say the make on the tranny and also running the 700 transmission is a better deal because you run a cart axle and you can lower it to your liking/rules with out a jack shaft and you have a better way to tune your setup.
2013 ARMA National Points Series Southeast Region 3rd place Super Stock
2015 FXT Champion Local