Author Topic: Putting in a PULLING TRACK in SOUTH CAROLINA  (Read 3245 times)

Offline fatbottomdaddy

• View Profile
Putting in a PULLING TRACK in SOUTH CAROLINA
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »
    Hey everyone, I am Kenny. I own PHAT BOTTOM SPEEDWAY in York SC. We are a lawn mower racing only track that is associated with ARMA.
Our season just ended for the year, and I have decided that I want to put in a pulling track as well.I am looking for any advice or tips from you folks that may help to have this ready by March.
My current plan is 40' wide x 275' long.
I would like to know if that is big enough or should I go bigger.
I do have enough interest here to get started, but I am new to this and would be very thankful for any ideas or suggestions

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Putting in a PULLING TRACK in SOUTH CAROLINA
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 09:56:25 pm »
Fatbottom thats plenty big enough. The tracks I pull on are 25ft wide 175-200ft long. Depends on the sled and how far it take to top it out. And weather or not you can change the gear in the sled to either shorten it up or make it longer of a pull.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline fatbottomdaddy

• View Profile
Re: Putting in a PULLING TRACK in SOUTH CAROLINA
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:16:06 pm »
not sure of the weight of the sled, but it is adjustable. Thanks for the input, I have the equipment coming out in 2 weeks to start grading. I am also considering a seperate track for drag racing mowers. Havnt made my mind up about that one just yet, but there are not any around here, I think it would do well.