Mower Building / Setup Help > Racing Mower Builds

USLMRA BP Build Herrin Mower Sports Turn Key

(1/11) > >>

George Herrin:
Well folks I forgot to take a before picture But here are some of the chasiis pics as I got started. Its a mid 90's walk thru chassis and will have everything tucked under and stay a walk thru. Maybe I can get the owner to send me a before picture I know he has one. Or he did..

Anyhow we want the chassis at 4-1/4" front and rear to do so we have to remove the lower section and make the chassis square and the same front to rear. You can see in the picture below what I am talking about.

This Picture you can see what I cut off and the end result

The next two pictures show the end result of me flush fitting the rear clip to the front in order to have a smooth inside for the tubing to fit against.

here is a stand off view of the above I also have a cassette mount tacked on. This will be using 8" rear wheels and will still have a 4" ground clearance without cutting the fenders for clearance. This will require them to be relocated/raised a bit but when done you won't know it. More on that later.

The next pictures are how I installed the square tubing front to rear for chassis stiffening. I used 1" thinwall. Its a straight shot except one spot where it turns in due to the front of the frame getting narrower.

More later.. I have the rear axle in and trying working on how I am gonna do the fenders get that done then will work on trans plate and transmission placement.

flyinBranch:
looks like a good start

George Herrin:
I am farther than that but got to figure some thing outs before I show more...

Jeff Digou (Pitguy):
Kijiji up here has  two of those chassis for $250  running    6 hour round trip to get them   i might do it :)

royalblu68f100:
What make chassis is this?  I believe I have several different walkthrough style frames a Murray, MTD, Craftsman, and a Lawnflight!  I really hope to build one for my next chassis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version