Author Topic: Graphic art project needed  (Read 3620 times)

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
Graphic art project needed
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:48:09 am »
If anyone is skilled in InDesign or I suppose even Photoshop that would want to work on a project for the December edition, here's what I have in mind ... I'd do it, but I'm terrible with artsy-type programs and don't have the patience to finish it.

Here's the concept:

A image of the United States with the Eastern Seaboard of Canada included. Put a clever icon, maybe a tire or something, for location of clubs. Next to the tire, include contact information maybe? In the whitespace where the centeral and western part of Canada would be, give the US and ARMA and SOMA national contacts...

Any feedback? This will take a little research and a couple phone calls maybe ... Again, not until the December issue, so you would have all of October and the two-thirds of November to work on it.

I think a key, though, would be needed so folks know who to get a hold of and plan weekend vacations. Maybe a "Green Flag" icon to show the different tracks ...
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com

Wheelhorseracer

Re: Graphic art project needed
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:40:16 pm »
Flags would be great. I know many communities have spent the money and put in permanent tracks for WOO. It would be a great way to give recognition to those communities.

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:15:53 pm »
Great idea.  But a HUGE project!  I think the hardest part will be collecting all the clubs and tracks.  Probably something that will need updating annually.

I can't do the artsy stuff either, but I like the idea.

I can help with the clubs in the midwest.  If I don't know the contact, I know someone who does!

Do you want to start a thread listing all the clubs or do PMs Or e-mail.

I'm busy this time of the year, so if you need it now shoot me a PM and I'll send the info as needed!

Paul
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline Toadworks

• HEYMOW Welcome Wagon
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:01:56 pm »
Use Google Earth.

Enter the address, mark the location, and boom a whole data base of where things are overlaid on a map of the world. With other features, like route planning and such. The compiled file could be made available to the public too. There is also a way to add your marks to the public domain, but I haven't used that part yet. Having tracks listed under sports, being able to click to turn on all the public marks and show the locations of all the tracks around the world would be awesome. It's pretty much why they developed it in the first place. Big companies are starting to use it now as you will find banks, hotels and resturants etc. marked.

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:03:58 pm »
I don't have the money to pay for copyright on Google Earth. I had thought of that, but we can't use it for my paper, and most publishing laws are similar between periodicals and dailies.
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com

Offline Bishop Gideon

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Digitalfreeze
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 11:45:31 pm »
use the Google maps API...  that's free.

I've worked with it a lot in the past and it's really nice to use.  (One of my sites clicky)

You could use a database backend, or write it to be static.  You say you've got a developer, so he should be able to work this out pretty easily.
David Lewis
#44 BP/Super Sportsman