Author Topic: 1:1 gearing in transaxle  (Read 2234 times)

Offline magicman

• View Profile
1:1 gearing in transaxle
« on: September 29, 2009, 03:16:17 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to tell what gear is 1:1 in a transaxle without tearing it apart.

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1:1 gearing in transaxle
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:59:17 pm »
Not 100% sure but I think the only way to tell is to take it apart. Transaxle gears can vary from one transaxle to another. Just incase you should tell what kind of transaxle you are working with.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline Toadworks

• HEYMOW Welcome Wagon
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 05:36:24 pm »
I'm not sure if you will find one with a 1:1 ratio. You most likely will find that a gear set may be matched as in a 25/25 toothed set for 3rd or 4th gear (1:1). But since you have to turn the power 90 degrees inside the unit you will have another gear ratio to consider which will change the final output numbers.

Try this;

* Put a mark on the input pulley and a mark on the case so you can tell when you have turned the pulley one complete revolution.
* Mark the axle in the same manner.
* Turn the input pulley and count the number of turns the axle makes. 
* Check each gear this way.
* Write them down. The one that is around 3:1 is probably the 25/25 gear set if it has one.

Offline magicman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 12:43:44 pm »
thanks for all the help guys.  we are running a spicer with 5th gear 16:1 and 4th gear 20:1 and im trying to fiqure where to run at. we are goverend and are limited to a 10:1 final gear ratio. the 7 inch on the front in 5th gear is a little sluggash. we are also running 6.75 horse engines

anything