Author Topic: Opposed valve seats  (Read 1618 times)

Offline GTX21

• Turf Warrior
  • PA Posse Rulez!!!
    • View Profile
Opposed valve seats
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:15:09 pm »
Is this a major problem with the valve seat coming out on the opposed? If so im thinking i might just peen it before i put it together, I dont exactly understand what to do. Do you peen on the seat or the block?
Nathan Mansberger

If your NOT 1st your LAST!

Offline Running on Empty

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Opposed valve seats
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:33:55 pm »
Well if you peen on the seat, it isnt going to seal too well.  Do you have a manual for these motors?  If you dont I would strongly suggest getting one.  Alot of the questions you are asking out here are all answered in the manual.

The seats do come loose, however if it is not loose right now, I would leave it alone.  I have a block sitting on my bench right now that had the seats peened in on the number 2 cylinder, and that exhaust seat still came loose, so it is not a fix-all!
Tim Waldorf
#29 Mod-x
www.bsmra2.com

Offline GTX21

• Turf Warrior
  • PA Posse Rulez!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Opposed valve seats
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:40:31 pm »
Well if you peen on the seat, it isnt going to seal too well.  Do you have a manual for these motors?  If you dont I would strongly suggest getting one.  Alot of the questions you are asking out here are all answered in the manual.

The seats do come loose, however if it is not loose right now, I would leave it alone.  I have a block sitting on my bench right now that had the seats peened in on the number 2 cylinder, and that exhaust seat still came loose, so it is not a fix-all!
Okay thanks. Is the manuel for all the opposed engines or a certain model?
Nathan Mansberger

If your NOT 1st your LAST!