Author Topic: how can you tell?  (Read 1597 times)

PaulC86

how can you tell?
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:55:21 am »
hey guys, this is my first post, and im completely new at this, let me start off by letting you know what im up to, i build street trucks for a living, custom body work, air supsension, custom interior, etc.... anyways, i have decided to build a riding mower for show purposes, and im puttin air ride on it, i already have the front fabbed up and i lays the front frame rails, and now to the back end..... heres my newbie questions,

1) its a murray rider, 2004 model, and has an 21 horse power briggs twin engine, how can you tell if its flathead or what?

2) it has a transaxle, i need to delete it because it is as you all know belt driven and that will not work with the up and down articulation from the air suspension, so what do i need to do as far as transmission and live axle? any particular models?

3) what do i need to do to get this mower to scream? i want it to be low enough to drag the frame and do it with speed!

thanks for all your help and input

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Re: how can you tell?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 11:14:25 am »
Oh the engine somewhere is a model # type# and code # post this and someone can tell you what ya got. Stock front end is not designed for speed, you will need a 700 series transmission can find them here or on ebay. As for ideas how to look in the build section.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!