Author Topic: qwestion for george  (Read 2551 times)

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
qwestion for george
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:04:37 pm »
hey george are 12.5  parts compatible to a 13.5 and if so  what would a flywhelle cam rod (piston if thats needed) and valvetrain worth ?
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
qwestion for george
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:35:44 pm »
The two motors are essentially the same. As for what they are worth!!! Depends on how bad someone wants them. I sell used motors from 50.00 on up. At the price of scrap aluminum I tend to keep it now and sell it off occaisionally.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
qwestion for george
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 12:00:48 am »
  • Flywheel... there are a lot of those lying around with USLMRA Members pretty much unanimously going to the Billet Wheel. E-Bay you see them occasionally $10 - $15.
  • Cam - $10 if it's in good shape. They do go higher, but I just bought 7 of them, averaged $8 apiece, plus shipping. Considering they all came from only 2 sellers, that wasn't much extra. Maybe $12 apiece into them.  
  • Valve Train - Valves and Lifters - Maybe $10 used. Depends on condition and how bad someone wants them.
  • Rod - New you can buy it on E-Bay $21... figure half price used.
  • Piston - Again you can buy it new on E-bay $28... half price used.

Intake valves don't sell as high as exhaust valves, most folks doing the head work on a Briggs for racing increase size of the intake. Springs aren't going to do a racer much good or George wouldn't sell so many springs. Retainers are a dime a dozen.

Price on the complete motor... depends on condition. Anywhere from $70 to $170 on E-Bay. Shipping will run you anywhere from $35 - $75 on a complete engine, depending on the seller and how they're getting the package to UPS.

Out of Canada that might run a little higher. Look into shipping options, there are legitimate ways around the delay in customs if they go out of the country, and it doesn't cost that much more according to the G-Man.